- Michael W. Hamburger
- This course is taught in Provence, France
- Days and Times
- June 3 – 22, 2020
- Course Description
Due to concerns for the health and safety of IU students, the “Treks in Provence” class is cancelled for summer 2020. We hope to be able to offer it again in summer 2021.
Treks in Provence is a three-week, field-based exploration of the landscape and culture of Provence (taught in English) and an introduction to the history, culture, geography and geology of the area.
This is an IUB College-administered Program: 3 credits of EAS-E 190 (N&M) The Evolving Earth or FRIT-F 225 (A&H) Foreign Study in France for on-site field course (Summer I).
You may apply if you:
- are an undergraduate degree candidate making normal academic progress
- have approximately a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- are willing to engage in an innovative, interdisciplinary view of European culture
- have physical ability for field days with up to 3-5 mile hikes in mountainous terrain