- Prospective Graduate Students |
- Gary Pavlis, Director of Graduate Studies.
- Grad Student 2017-2018 Handbook and Forms
- Prospective Undergraduate Students |
- Kaj Johnson, Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Kathy Davis Undergraduate Advisor
- Spring 2018 Courses in EAS
- Department Staff
- 2017-18 Department Directory | (PDF)
- 2016-17 Hoosier Geologic Record | PDF
- BSES Program
- Indiana Geological and Water Survey
- IU Judson Mead Geologic Field Station
- EAS Library Resources
News and Announcements
IU Earthquake Drill
Indiana University students and employees on all IU-administered campuses will be practicing the appropriate response during an earthquake as part of the Great Central U .S. Shakeout. IU will participate at 10:26 a.m. EDT on 10/26/2017. An IU-Notify message will begin the drill around 10:26 a.m., with messages sent to text, email, desktops, social media, webpages and digital signs, but not including voice calls to telephones. The drill is expected to last 10-15 minutes. An “All clear” IU-Notify message will indicate the end of the drill. Read more about the Earthquake drill.
EAS Faculty search: Assistant/Associate Professor in Climate Modeling
The Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at Indiana University (IU) Bloomington invites applications for a tenure-track position at the Assistant or Associate level in climate modeling to begin in Fall 2018. Applicants with strengths in earth system modeling, large-scale climate dynamics, land-climate-ocean interactions, or paleoclimate and evolution of Earth’s atmosphere are especially encouraged to apply. Read more about the position and how to apply.
Events and Outreach
- October 21: Join us on Saturday, October 21st from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM for SCIENCE FEST at the Kirkwood Hall Pavillion and in the Student Building. Read more about this year›s Festival here
- October 23: GSA Annual Meeting - no colloquium.
There is a blog about the research going on in the College of Arts and Sciences at IU. Graduate student Anna Nowicki Jessee is a member of the editorial board and a writer for the blog.