The Crossroads Planning Committee is excited to announce important information regarding this year’s conference!
Crossroads 2018 will be held March 23-24 (Friday-Saturday). This is a great opportunity for students to practice presentation skills through poster or oral presentations, share their research with peers, and receive meaningful feedback from career professional judges.
Friday March 23: Keynote Speakers,Student Oral and Poster Presentations, and Career Fair.
Saturday March 24: Awards Ceremony, Networking Social, and Panel Discussion with Industry Leaders
- Prizes for best oral and poster presentations
- Interact with industry leaders
- Participate in company panel discussions
- Keynote speakers from various fields
Judges are coming from a range of backgrounds, including oil and gas, environmental consulting, government organizations (including the Indiana Geological Survey, USGS, and the National Weather Service), and weather/atmospheric companies.
In addition to interacting with these professionals through presentation feedback, we are organizing two extra events:
- A career panel (Saturday morning) where you can ask a panel of career professionals your burning career path questions!
- A short career fair (Friday morning), where companies will set up tables where you can talk to professionals one on one and discuss their career and potential jobs at their company or in their specialty in general. This would be a good chance to polish your resumes and business cards, and get a better idea of what you can do with your degree!
We encourage all undergraduate and graduate students doing research to participate as presenters, and prizes will be awarded for best oral and poster presentations in Ph.D., Masters, and Bachelors degree categories.
Even if you don’t have something to present, we encourage everyone to come see what your peers are researching and to learn about the many career paths available to earth and atmospheric scientists!
Presentation Abstracts are due March 10, and updates on the conference can be found at our website: http://www.indiana.edu/~sgeweb1/