Course requirements: 90 hours of graduate credit with a 3.0 GPA or higher, including:
- A minimum of 20 credit hours in geological sciences, including formal courses, problems, seminars, techniques and research.
- A minimum of 35 credit hours of coursework at or above the 500 level, which is expected to include all core courses within the principal discipline.
- A maximum of 30 credit hours of graduate courses transferred from other institutions.
- Completion of course requirements for a minor subject as specified by the minor advisor.
- Fulfillment of any course requirements stipulated by the research advisor or by CGS.
- Enrollment and residence at IUB for at least two consecutive semesters during the program.